Olive Oil and a Healthy Heart
Understand what olive oil is
Some extra virgin olive oil at the end of the day proves a healthy alternative for butter or mayonnaise. Olive oil helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and thus is aimed at providing better cardiovascular health. Olive oil contains powerful antioxidants that help in the proper functioning of the brain, joints, heart, etc. Olive may often be termed as the healthiest fat on the planet Earth.
Researchers have found consuming more than half a tablespoon of olive oil on a daily basis lowers the risk of any cardiovascular disease by 15% and simultaneously a 21% lower risk of coronary heart disease. The other prominent sources of fats such as butter, margarine, mayonnaise, or dairy fat can be replaced with an equivalent amount of olive oil so as to enhance the nutritional composition in the diet.
How is olive oil good for overall heart health, offering other health benefits as well?
1)The high nutritional content of olive oil makes it great for overall heart health. Olive oil is composed of healthy monosaturated fats as it is a natural oil extracted from olives. Monounsaturated fats make it a great option for cooking as they are resistant to high heat.
2) Olive oil has strong anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the risk of chronic inflammation. The risk of chronic diseases such as cancer, liver, and other severe heart diseases can thus be lowered by using the right quantities of olive oil for cooking. The presence of this oil reduces the overall inflammation along with other health benefits.
3) Olive oil contains antioxidants in large amounts that make it proactive in killing the free radicals that could otherwise affect the body with chronic problems later. The oil thus oil acts as a comprehensive solution that reduces the risk of cancer, heart disease, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, etc. Moreover, the presence of some essential vitamins such as E and K combined with the other fatty acids make it of high nutritional value.
4) Being one of the healthiest oils on the planet, olive oil is never linked to obesity and weight gain; just because olive oil contains zero amount of excessive fats. On the contrary, having low to moderate levels of olive oil consumption may even aid weight loss.
5) Severe heart diseases and stroke are one of the most prominent causes of death. The risk of brain and heart strokes also reduces to a minimum with the consumption of olive oil. Olive oil consumption and stroke risks have been linked extensively during researches and studies. Studies have found that olive oil is the only source of monounsaturated fats that help lower the danger of coronary heart diseases and strokes at large.
6) Olive oil seems to have antibacterial properties that kill harmful bacteria. The consumption of extra virgin olive oil fights the strains of certain bacteria and prevents any severe health problems associated with the bacterium.
Pick the right type
Olive oil has been given the supreme status due to the nutritional composition that it holds. With antioxidant and bioactive properties, the product is considered healthier than any other variety of the most refined oils.
So you need to know how to choose the right variety of olive oil from the oil market. When talking of the olive oil's purity, its richness could often be diluted with the other refined oils, so one needs to be extra cautious while reading the nutritional label. You should also read the list of the ingredients and do a primary quality check then and there before buying. So that you reap the most out of your olive oil consumption.