ENJOY FREE SHIPPING! All online orders over $89 are delivered FREE of charge (and orders over $100 for Caviar).

Barbera d’Alba DOC Pelisa - Tita Italia

Barbera d’Alba DOC Pelisa

Vendor
Monchiero Carbone
Regular price
$0.00
Sale price
$0.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.

Barbera is the most widely- grown variety in Piedmont. The qualities distinguishing the Barbera grown in the Barbera d’Alba appellation, which encompasses both the right (Langhe) and left (Roero) sides of the River Tanaro are its finesse, body and elegance. The “Pelisa”, which is ruby-red in colour, has a heady, fragrant smell; the palate is full and velvety and its freshness is exquisite. This particular wine is made from the estate’s younger vineyards, which ripen in early October. After harvesting, the wine-making process lasts for around 15 days, and is followed by a short period of maturation: 70% in stainless steel, and the remaining 30% in oak for one year. The result is a product that could be defined as an easy-drinking wine, suitable for serving daily. It is the perfect glass of wine to accompany our meals every day. Production area: Roero municipality of Canale and Priocca

Altitude: 250-300 metres

Yield per hectare: 9 tons

Alcohol content: 12.5-13.0

Acidity: 5.5-6.5 g/l

Bottle size: 0.75 lt

First year of production: 1992

Colour: deep ruby red with bright highlights. Nose: forthrightly and fruitily intense, initial sensations of sour black cherry and cherry giving way to pleasantly earthy notes of damp soil.

Taste: despite a lack of structure and persistence, its fruity freshness makes “Pelisa” highly quaffable.

Food pairings: its fresh, fruity vein makes this wine an ideal accompaniment to grilled meats, especially pork chops and sausage.

Download Data Sheet

<iframe width="733" height="550" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jn6ow0YYCO4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

x