Truffle Honey Recipe & Uses
What is Truffle Honey?
For generations, kings and queens have valued truffle honey, a rare delicacy. Truffle Honey is produced with actual truffles, as opposed to truffle oil. The exquisite truffles are first infused with honey after it has been picked. As a result, the honey has a distinctively earthy flavor and smell.
Take a tour along with Tita Italia to explore exquisite recipes with truffle honey and you also have an additional surprise recipe of Truffle soy sauce: so let’s dive in:
Tempura with Truffle Honey
Perfecting tempura takes talent and practice, but I'm here to tell you that you're missing out largely if you've never tried truffle honey dip. Follow the recipe below and cherish your tastebuds.
- 20 medium-sized shrimps
- 32 g cake flour (1/4 c)
- 30 g rice flour (1/4 c)
- 2 egg whites
- 6 oz (3/4 c) sparkling water, chilled
- 2 qts refined oil (refined coconut, soy, avocado, or canola all work)
- 1 tablespoon truffle honey
- In a large cast iron dutch oven (or electric deep fryer), heat the oil to 375° F over high heat. Make sure the shrimps are separated and not all clumped together.
- Place a cooling rack on top of an upside-down baking sheet with a layer of paper towels in between to create an oil drainage rig next to the dutch oven.
- When the oil temperature hits 360° F, it's time to prepare your batter! In a medium mixing bowl, blend cake flour, rice flour, and egg whites until well incorporated.
- Pour in the sparkling water and mix for approximately 10 seconds or until the batter just comes together..
- When the temperature reaches 375° F, dip the first batch of shrimp into the batter. Brush them with Acacia Honey with Summer Truffles to enjoy the most delicate flavor!
Carpaccio with Truffle Honey
Carpaccio is the Italian counterpart of steak tartare. It's cooked with raw beef and lemony mayonnaise. However, this version uses truffle honey instead of vinegar and is a delightfully light summer meal.
- 5 oz beef tenderloin 140g
- 2 handfuls arugula rocket
- ¼ oz parmesan 10g (strongly recommend 'real' Parmigiano Reggiano for this)
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon Honey Acacia with Summer Truffle
- (optional ¼tsp sugar, ¼tsp Dijon mustard, approx)
- Freeze the beef tenderloin for about 1 hour or until firm. Cut the meat extremely thinly across the grain using a sharp knife.
- Divide the slices between two plates if they are thin enough. If not, lay slices on a piece of cling wrap/film, top with another piece, and flatten with a tenderizer's smooth side. Transfer to two separate plates.
- Place the arugula in a mixing dish. Whisk the Honey Acacia with Summer Truffle with Dijon mustard and lemon juice together. Toss the arugula with half of the dressing.
- Divide the arugula into two dishes, then top with the meat and parmesan shavings. Drizzle with a little extra vinaigrette and serve.
Sashimi with Truffle Soy Sauce
While the cuisine has been around for several centuries, everyone who likes eating sushi has a unique manner of cooking it. Some people like to combine the wasabi with truffle soy sauce; trust me, that's one of the best versions of it!
- 1 pound fresh, sashimi-quality fish, such as yellowfin tuna or salmon
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons truffle soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon thinly sliced chives
- Remove fish from the refrigerator and slice very thinly using a sharp knife with a thin blade.
- Divide slices of fish evenly among 8 plates.
- Drizzle each serving with about 1/4 teaspoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon truffle soy sauce, adding more as desired.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and chives over the fish and serve immediately.
Truffle Honey Uses
- These kinds of honey, which are sweet, savory, and rich with a truffle-derived umami flavor, enhance whatever dish they are added to, such as cheese, ice cream, or fruit.
- Truffle honey is used for various lavish dishes and is frequently served with salty foods like meats, cheeses, and crunchy bread.
- Having talked a lot about dishes with truffle honey, you must also know that many people use it for marination as a basting agent!